Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Morning

I'm going to have to post about Christmas in two separate posts since there are way too many pictures to put in one. So this one is going to be all about Christmas morning.

The girls know not to go downstairs until everyone is up and this year they were very good to us, not getting us up until 8:00. Actually I think Paul and I were up before most of them! So here's the gang waiting to go downstairs.

The night before the kids leave cookies and milk for Santa and Santa must really love it because the milk and cookies are gone the next morning and in their place he leaves a note. In fact, that's the first place the kids head to when coming down the stairs. Kristin and Megan didn't even peek at the tree, just headed straight to the kitchen. Here's Kristin reading the note from Santa.

Next we open our stockings. Paul got a fake goatee in his which he promptly modelled for everyone. I missed it but Paul said that Zach gave him a funny look when he first saw it.

After presents we took a quick break to sort of clean that mess up (and I quickly got a cup of coffee!) then onto the presents under the tree. Megan was really wanting a Nintendo DS this year, I think she looks pretty happy that she got one.
Lauren's big gift was one of the new ipods, a purple one. She very quickly got it set up and used all of her itune gift cards to download music to it. She also got an ihome to play her music in her room.

Kristin didn't have a big (meaning expensive) present that she wanted. Instead she got a lot of smaller things like this gum maker. Paul helped her do this a few days later and it tasted pretty good.

Zach's thing was just unwrapping the presents, he could have cared less what was inside. He kept saying "more, more" even when he was done. He found where I had all the presents to family members and he started to unwrap one of those. If one of the kids hadn't said, "where did he get that present?" then Mamaw and Papaw's presents would have been opened. Good thing I caught him in time! Here he is actually opening one of his.

My little climbing monkey. I don't know why Santa brought him any presents, he should have just gave him wrapping paper and boxes!

It just wore Zach out to unwrap all those presents, he's taking a break leaning on daddy.

After all the presents were opened we spotted an envelope peaking out from under the tree. It was for Zachary. It said that he had one last present and that he had to go downstairs in the basement to get it. So we all go downstairs and find a Cars ball pit and he quickly climbed in. We had to bring it upstairs just to get him to come up with us.
So now all the presents are opened and Paul's job is to take things out of the boxes (why do they make that so hard!) so I can start making breakfast. Here's one of Kristin's presents that she got, a Nerf automatic gun. When the Toys'R'Us toy catalog came out before Thanksgiving the only thing Kristin saw that she wanted out of it was this toy. I nixed the idea very quickly since I don't like guns but I guess Santa relented and got it since it was the only thing she asked for. It does shoot fast.

Here's another one of Kristin's toys. It's a crane that gives you 60 seconds to get a piece of candy. It's neat but it plays a song while you do it that can absolutely drive you crazy when it gets played over and over. It's very loud and there's no volume control.
One of our family presents was Guitar Hero World Tour band kit. Paul was just dying to play those drums. He was downstairs all morning playing that thing (and probably the guitar too), barely getting ready for when family came over!
It's amazing how quickly the presents get opened! I think everyone had a good morning, I know I did. I love watching their expressions as they open things up. Megan was particularly funny to watch this year, her face was nothing but a big smile the whole morning.

No comments: