I kept this quiet just in case it didn't work out but this morning I had an interview and am now an assistant teacher at a preschool working with 2-year-olds.
Background story: One of my neighbors (who happens to be Lauren's friends' mom) had called me last week wanting to know if I would be interested in being her assistant for 2 mornings a week. She told me all about the job and she gave such a good sell that I said sure, I would definitely be interested. Of course it was all contingent on getting Zach into the preschool too. So about an hour later the director from the preschool calls and she sets up an interview for this morning. Oh, she also said there was no problem with getting Zach into the preschool, there were spots in either the 2 or 3-year-old rooms.
So, back to this morning. The interview went well and I got offered the job, of course my neighbor pretty much said it was a done deal before even going there. Even the director said it was just a formality. She decided to try Zach in the 3-year-old room even though he's not potty trained yet. Oh boy, we've got some work to do to get him ready.
My pay really sucks. :) I'm sure most teenagers are making more than me! Once you figure Zach's tuition into the mix (I do get a discount for him) I really won't be bringing much money home at all. I know I am over qualified for an assistant position but my long term goal though is to move up to a teacher position and of course, make more. Since I've been out of the loop for so long I figured this would be a good way to get back into it and find out if I like it there. And if I don't like it then after this year I'll go back to being a full time stay at home mom again, sitting around watching tv, eating bonbons. :) (At least that's what Paul thinks I do!)
More Sewing
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment