Monday, August 3, 2009

VBS

Last week our church had VBS. The youth of the church always run it so this year Kristin got to join in on the fun of helping. Lauren helped with bible stories, her 3rd year doing it. She really likes doing that and probably will never switch to anything else. Kristin's job was to help in the nursery with the 2-year-olds. That was the perfect job for her.

Megan and Zach just went and had fun. On the last day they always have a little program where they sing the songs they learned. Here's a few pictures and short videos from that.





This year's theme was a swamp/crocodile/bayou theme. The church was decorated with lots of Crocodiles and fishing stuff. Very neat looking.

The very first day of VBS was cancelled due to a storm that passed through the night before and caused the power to be out. Let me tell you, that was one wicked storm. I know first hand because I was picking the girls up from their VBS meeting and while we were driving home the storm started. The rain came down in buckets and the wind was blowing it all sideways. About halfway home I heard a very loud thunk on the top of my car, I was sure a tree branch hit us. I wasn't about to stop and find out though and once I did get home I couldn't find a thing wrong with my car. I sure got lucky. Thankfully the rest of the week was fine, a little hot and humid but at least no more thunderstorms.

No comments: