Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I don't want any more visitors!

Not the human kind, you all are more than welcome, I'm talking about the wildlife.

Megan was outside playing and she came in running saying that there was a snake in the garage! Of course Paul wasn't home and there was no way I was going to be able to sleep knowing there was a snake in the garage so I had to get it out. She said she saw it slither under my car. After carefully looking underneath I backed out my car, got a flashlight and started shining it behind things. Luckily I found it quickly but now how to get rid of it? No way was I touching it or going too close. While keeping my eye on it in case it moved I grabbed a shovel off the wall and started using that to push some of the junk out of the way and to get him out of his hiding spot. Here's the little intruder: (yes, I grabbed my camera too!)
He didn't look very big curled up but he was probably between 12" and 18". I guess to most people that's not big, too big for my tastes though. Shoot, a baby snake is too big for me!

This is how I get rid of snakes, by cutting them in half with a shovel.
I will never look at my garage the same again. Now to just hope the mama snake doesn't come after me for revenge!

No comments: