Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Lauren's Specialty

On our summer bucket list I had "grill pizzas" so for dinner last night that's what I planned.  I could have made pizza dough in my bread machine but I took the easy way and bought 4 pizza doughs at the grocery store instead.  The kids (and Paul) helped stretch the dough.  Zach didn't do a very good job so I had to have Lauren come up and help him.  
 I thought it was funny that her night off from working and she's making pizzas at home!  Her expertise came in handy though.  The dough was stretched and then went on the grill. 
 That was a little tricky since the dough is sticky and the first one kind of got squished and misshapen.  Oh well, still edible.  After cooking one side the pizza comes off the grill and the cooked side gets topped. 
Then goes back on the grill to cook the other side.  Here's our very first pizza attempt on the grill.  Yeah, looks a little funny doesn't it?
 Lauren got her handy dandy pizza cutter that was given to her as a gag gift at her soccer banquet and cut the pizzas.  She's not allowed to do this at work, something about kids under 18 and sharp objects.  I'm fine with letting her though.
We made 4 different pizzas and even though they don't look very appetizing they were surprisingly very good.  We will definitely do this again now that we have somewhat of an idea how to do it. 

No comments: