Saturday, November 30, 2013

Decorating the Tree

With Thanksgiving so late this year I was determined to have the tree up and decorated soon after so it could be enjoyed as long as possible.  Kristin put the tree up for me this year, all I did was help fluff the branches.  Then her, Megan and Paul put the lights on.  We had a little glitch with one of the strands of lights but thankfully I had an extra set that had never been opened so we used that one instead.  
Of course Zach had to help whenever he could.  He makes a cute tree!


The tree skirt makes a cute skirt for Kristin.  I dared her to wear it out of the house but she wouldn't take me up on it!

Megan the garland goes on the tree, not Zach! 
 Megan and Kristin eventually put the garland on the tree.  I just sat back and watched.  Best year I've ever had with putting up the tree.  :)  Now onto the ornaments!
I have my general ornaments and then each child has a box of special ornaments, either ones they've made, ones that were given to them or ones I've bought for them over the years.  For example, Lauren has a Baby Bop in her box because when she was little she loved her.  Zach, of course, has a Lightning McQueen ornament in his box.  They all have a special Disney ornament they were given when we were in Disney World last.  So anyway, they get to pick 3 ornaments from their box to put on the tree.  Zach always has to place his ornaments up high on the tree. 
Lauren even came down to help put ornaments on the tree. 
It's finished!  Doesn't it look beautiful? 
It's a lot of work for such little time that it's actually up.  Now hopefully Santa comes and puts presents under it.

No comments: