We have so many hard boiled eggs in our house! I always have to hard boil a lot so our family of six can dye more than just a couple each. We did six each so I had 30 eggs ready for us. But before we even dyed ours, Zach went to church this morning to dye some there. He brought home another 24 eggs that he colored. So a total of 54 hard boiled eggs. Good thing the kids like egg salad sandwiches!
At church each child gets to pick out a dye kit, you know, the ones from the dollar store that have the 5 or 6 color discs that you dissolve in water? Then there were baskets that you could take to hold your eggs in to take home. So here's Zach with his set-up:
He actually did a pretty good job with it. Well, other than breaking the egg dipper that came with his kit. Fortunately his dye was pretty lame so his fingers weren't affected by reaching into the cups with his hands! I was really impressed that 17 kids came to the church to dye eggs. 17! That's a lot of kids for our small church. I was even more impressed that Zach gave his basket to the younger boy next to him. There were so many kids that the baskets ran out and this little boy was a little upset. His two older siblings had one and he didn't. Well I know what it's like for one sibling to not have what the other's have so with very little persuasion on my part Zach gave his basket away. I think Zach was more interested in carrying his eggs home on the cardboard tray that they came in from the store!So after dinner the egg dying begins again, this time at home. At least the cardboard tray that Zach brought his eggs home with came in handy to dry our eggs. Look at this freaky picture of Lauren:
I didn't think that one came out so I took another one.
When you look at the two of them on my camera it's a little freaky. My kids sure can make faces.
Then there's the lovely Megan...
and the lovely Kristin...
...and the ???? Zachary.
Yet another Easter egg dyeing session over with. The actual egg dyeing is fun, it's all the preparation before hand that I could do without! Still, I wouldn't skip over it for anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment