I would have never known about this camp if Paul hadn't discovered it while he was driving to work. There were actually two camps, one in Kennett which is the one Paul discovered as he drove past to go to work and then one in Jennersville. It was too late to sign Zach up for the Kennett one so since Jennersville was a doable drive I signed him up for that one.
To understand why the heck I would drive that far for a camp you have to first understand that the kid just absolutely loves the show Wipeout. This camp was perfect for him. The price was right too, only $100 for the week, 5 hours per day, that is an absolute bargain! Plus he got this cool Wipeout shirt:
He also got the yellow bandana which signified what group he was in. He had to wear that and the shirt all week. I've taken the kids to many camps throughout the years and I have to say that this camp was the most organized one that I have ever seen. Every morning I had to check Zach in and receive a name tag for him and pick-up pass for me. Here's one of his name tags, he got a new one every day...
The parent pick-up pass had the same number on it so someone just had to check that they matched and I was free to take him. Very quick and easy and safe. The yellow sticker just stood for what group he was in, 2nd grade sports.
They kept him busy, here was his schedule. There was nothing that he didn't like.
Extreme WipeOut was a choice of ziplining, rock climbing or a water slide, all of which he chose to do at least once throughout the week. Messy WipeOut was either the dunk tank or some kind of orange slime relay race. When I signed him up I had the choice of choosing sports camp or art camp. Sports camp was the obvious one for him, I don't think he would have been too thrilled with hip hop dancing or drama time!He was non-stop chatter on the way home each day! I have nothing but good things to say about this camp and I'm hoping he'll be able to do it again next year.
The camp was over but the fun wasn't because the church had a Wipeout carnival today from 12:30-2:30. There were various inflatables, this one was a baseball one...
There were other sports ones too like football, soccer, frisbee and basketball. While Zach was playing the sports games Kristin and Megan stood in line for the ziplining.
Up Kristin goes...
She reaches the platform...
And away she goes!
(I really do have a video of her but for some reason I can't upload it here. I have no idea why since my other videos uploaded. Sorry Kristin, I tried...several times!)
Megan's turn! She starts up the pole...
But has helmet issues so she had to come down and get it fixed. Meanwhile Kristin is walking back.
The helmet is fixed and she starts up again.
She reaches the top...
And ziplines to the other side...
Meanwhile Zach was having fun on the waterslides. There was this one, a dual slide...
He kept coming back to this baseball game though. It was pretty cool because the air made the ball hover.
Megan is my little adventurer. She just had to try the climbing wall.
This was an obstacle course inflatable that Zach must have done 50 times if not more.
Here's the football side of the sports inflatable. Paul, Megan and Zach were all playing.
It was time for a break and some food. There were two food vendors there, Jake's Wayback and some kind of Mexican place. We all chose Jake's and then took it inside to get out of the sun for a few minutes.
After our lunch Zach finally decided he wanted to do the climbing wall.
I tried to get a video of him as he came down but I forgot to turn my camera so here he is sideways!
Megan wanted to zipline again so while she stood in a very long line (about 45 minutes) more sports games were played, here's the frisbee toss.
When Megan first got in line for the ziplining she was told that she might not be able to do it because they were stopping at 2:30 and each child took about 5 minutes. There were quite a few kids in front of her but she stayed there and about 2 minutes before the cut-off time she was allowed to go.
Here's how they get them out of the harness at the end. They bring that big ladder on wheels over...
With that I end this very long post because the carnival was over and we went home. The kids had a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment