Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Band Concert

Lauren had her 2nd band concert of the year tonight, only one more to go and she'll be done band forever. She doesn't want to play in the band when she gets to high school which I think is a shame since she's pretty good. If she played a smaller instrument (she plays the saxophone) I think she might continue. She just doesn't want to lug it back and forth to school with her.

Anyway, the concert was both bands tonight, the 6th grade band and the Symphonic Band which are 7th and 8th graders. The 6th grade band went first and they were okay but the Symphonic Band sounded really good. Lauren said they messed up on their second song but I couldn't tell, sounded good to me. You can just barely make her out in the picture. I got lucky where I was sitting since I could see her between the people in front of me. Usually she ends up way on the other side or I can't see her because of the music stand.

This video is definitely not one of the band's better moments. It was hard to get much of it because people kept moving their heads in the way. This was from the first song they did. I wanted to try to get some from the other two songs but the boy sitting next to her either leaned forward or she leaned backwards because you couldn't see her as well during those.

Really, the concert was much better than that little clip. Oh well, at least I got her playing.

No comments: