Tuesday, March 17, 2009

And the winner is...

...Kristin! She came home from school yesterday wearing her medal from Odyssey of the Mind. She was very proud (as she should be!) so I had to post a picture.

A lot of hard work went into getting that medal. At the awards ceremony we had all pitched in to get her coach a gift card to a local restaurant and presented it to her. Today Kristin came home with a thank you note that was from her Odyssey coach. Her coach had mentioned several times over the course of the practices how much the kids loved using duct tape. They used it for everything! Well the thank you note was made from strips of duct tape and she wrote on it with a sharpie marker. Too funny! I'm hoping she coaches again next year, she's great at it.

Play Zone fun
We went to Play Zone today like we usually do on Tuesdays and Zach was the only one there. He had the whole place to himself and he didn't know what to do. To be quite honest I think he was a little bored, he's used to chasing someone around. His friends Annie and G that usually come were sick, I think Zach missed them!

I remembered to bring my camera today, figures it was just him. He's always loved this mirror. He used to be able to stand there with plenty of room, now he has to bend over to keep from hitting his head.
We have to enjoy our Play Zone days since they're coming to an end soon. Play Zone is located in a local church and the church is being renovated so Play Zone will be closing after this month. Not sure how long it's going to take, hopefully only a couple of months.

No comments: