Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring is Here!

Well at least inside my house after the kids made spring decorations for me today. Outside it's still kind of cold, maybe next week the spring weather will be here.

The girls have off from school today so I put them to work making art projects. We made project after project after project. Even as I type this Megan is still in there fooling with the craft stuff. We started out finger painting paper eggs. Megan and Kristin were all into it and then there was Zach just staring at his egg with the paint on it, his hands under the table. He wanted no part of putting his hands in the paint. Kristin showed him how to do it but he kept saying "no." I had to go get him a paintbrush to get him to do anything!

Here Kristin is showing him what to do, do you notice that his hands are nowhere near?

Once I gave him a paintbrush he was all into it, his two eggs are the ones to the right.
I was getting a little adventurous with the next project. After not wanting to touch the paint I was expecting him to not like this one either but he surprised me and loved it. I painted his hand with red paint then his forearm with green to make a flower print on paper. He just laughed as I painted him. His "flowers" are the ones on the bottom. Kristin's is on top and Megan's is in the middle. They painted their hands/arms by themselves, I just had to help Zach.

We did another hand print project that we turned into sheep. Megan made one first then wanted to help Zach do his. I didn't have to worry about glue everywhere since Megan wouldn't let him have the bottle! Probably a good thing. He did fluff the cotton balls before placing them on his sheep. He even put his googly eyes on by himself.
The finished sheep. It's a little obvious that Megan's is on the left (the bigger one) and Zach's is on the right.
I was really into hand prints today, here's another project we did. Easter lilies, it's a hand print rolled into a cone and then you curl the fingers down. Once I traced his hand I pretty much did Zach's for him. Megan did her own. Here's our combined flowers in a vase.
Megan did another project that I didn't take a picture of. It's an egg tree. She drew a tree trunk out of brown paper then decorated small paper eggs that she glued to the branches. It's cute.

Then the last thing she's working on are paper flowers glued to a popsicle stick and she's going to put faces in the middle of the flower when she's done. Here she is working on that.
So I got quite a few spring decorations now and at least Megan was occupied all morning.

Pajama Day
As a fundraiser for the PTA Kristin and Megan's school had pajama day yesterday. Anyone that wanted to pay $1 could wear their pajamas to school. I hate when the school does that, I'm not a big fan of "pajama day". Now bring back "wacky hair day," that one's fun.

Megan posing in the car. It was a rainy day so I drove them to the bus stop. Don't want their pajamas getting all soaked. :)


Soccer Stuff
There's a big soccer tournament this weekend that Lauren's in. She gets to play on Saturday and then volunteer all day Sunday (and so do I, volunteer that is, not play). Her age group (both the boys and the girls teams) get to run it this year but at least after doing all that work they get a share of the money from it. This is supposedly the "travel year" for them. So the money we get will help pay for her team to travel somewhere with probably everything paid for. That part will be nice. This is just going to be a long weekend for us. I've never wished a weekend to go by quickly before but I'm hoping Monday gets here soon!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I LOVE your art project ideas! I'm totally stealing them. :-) That's a great way to keep them occupied and add some pretty things to your house. They did a great job!

Good luck at the soccer game!