Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The First Day of School

It's taken me till now to post about their first day because it's been nothing but a party since then. Woohoo! They're back in school! No seriously though, I've just been busy doing errands and attempting to declutter some in the house.

I may not post again for awhile because I think I'm going to start taking a nap when Zach does! Lauren's and Kristin's bus times are so early this year, Lauren leaves first then Kristin leaves not long after. I thought I had been getting up early the past three years, that was nothing compared to this year! They leave so much earlier now. I don't worry about Lauren, she can get up, Kristin on the other hand already didn't wake up with her alarm this morning. She is so not a morning person. I think I might add about 3 more alarms to her room, by the time she turns them all off maybe she'll be awake!

Onto the pictures!
My baby started high school this year! Here's what she wore on her first day (she did wear shoes to school):
She said she had a good day and she seems to like most of her classes. Two things she mentioned to me that stick out, 1) in spanish class she asked to go to the bathroom and her teacher was thrilled with her that she asked in spanish 2) in her algebra3 class she knew all of the answers when they were reviewing and she said the rest of the people in class were clueless, and she's only 1 of 2 freshman in that class.

Here's my middle schooler and what she chose to wear on her first day:
It's usually harder to tell with her if she likes something but she said she did and from the way she was talking when she got home I'm sure she did. I think she likes having more independence than elementary school like changing classes and having her own locker. She doesn't have many of her friends in her classes but she said she's made at least one new friend in her homeroom.

Since they were both up at the same time I took a pic of the two of them. Look how close they are in height. Kristin is definitely going to be the taller one eventually, probably by next year!

Now onto my 4th grader. Megan was super excited to be going back to school. We visited her school last week where she found out what homeroom she was in and who else was in that homeroom. She has a great class!
She actually got homework her first day and she took it so seriously. She spent about an hour writing her spelling words just so. I didn't even look at it till the next morning and when I did I noticed she spelled the name of her school wrong (it was one of the spelling words). She's only been at that school for 4 years, I thought she would know how to spell it by now! Not to mention all she had to do was copy it from the list. Oh well, at least her handwriting was neat.

Now onto juggling 3 different schools activities. Boy is this household going to be busy this year.

1 comment:

Aunt Kelly said...

I think it's funny that in both Lauren and Kristin's picture by the door the sun isn't even up and it looks like it's midnight. In Megan's picture the sun is actually out. I still can't believe how early they have to get up!