Friday, February 5, 2010

Yes, we're still around...

I know I've neglected this but I've simply been busy the last couple of weeks. With work I subbed a couple of times on my off days plus there was an open house not too long ago which I spent time getting ready for (extra hours to tidy up the room). Then when I wasn't working at the preschool I was attempting to clean out and organize different parts of my house. Cleaning out the storage area of the basement was just so much fun (I'm being sarcastic) but I got rid of so much stuff, either trashing it or donating it to Goodwill. I've still got more to do but at least I made a huge dent in it. It's amazing the amount of stuff that I've accumulated over the years. Stuff that I just don't need.

So anyway, we haven't really done anything I would call "blogworthy" but I've got to put something on here right? So I guess I'll ramble about the following pictures. :)

I love decorating for Valentine's Day so I had Zach and Megan decorate some hearts. I used to do this with the one-year-olds when I worked for MBNA and we've also done this with the two-year-olds at preschool. What I call "box painting," putting your paper and a blob or two of paint in the box then rolling a ball (or orange, marbles, etc.) So an easy project that also looks really neat when finished.

Of course I neglected to take a picture of the finished project but trust me, they look neat.

Here's just a silly picture of Zachary eating his ice cream sundae. Paul was making milkshakes for the girls and whichever friend was over that weekend but Zach wanted a sundae instead.

Zachary got to play with Lehlan a couple of days last week. I can't believe how big Lehlan has gotten! Here's a couple of pics of them playing together.


Zach got sick last week too. He was already on an antibiotic from the week before when he got what seemed like a really bad cold and a fever. His fever got a little high one night so here he is with a cold towel on his head to try and bring his fever down. He didn't mind it even though he looks miserable in this picture. (The blanket was to cover him up since he wasn't wearing anything except his underwear!)

I bought everything to make Rice Krispy Treats and Kristin made them all on her own. The only time I went near her was to snap this picture. I love the fact that she likes to cook!
Here's another craft I had Megan and Zach do. We do this at preschool which is where I got the die cuts for this project. You simply take a piece of paper, use whatever die cut you want then put clear contact paper on one side. On the sticky side the kids can put sequins, glitter, tissue paper or whatever they want. At school we would just run it through the laminator but at home I covered the finished project with another sheet of clear contact paper. Megan is making a heart...
...and Zach is decorating a snowflake.
This past Wednesday morning we woke up to 2 inches of snow so after putting Megan on the bus Zach and I went out and shovelled the driveway and played for a little while. He was so cute helping me with his little plastic shovel. If I hadn't been busy shovelling myself I would have gotten a pic or video of it. He did eventually put the shovel down and drag one of the sleds out.
Yes, he put the sled on the already shovelled driveway and had a ball just laying in it. Whatever! At least I was able to finish the driveway.

I went to the grocery store later that day and bought ABC noodles that were on sale for a $1. I thought he would like looking at the letters and at least trying to find the letters in his name. Instead what he really liked to do was make "Alphabet Soup" by using tweezers to pick up the letters and putting them in a bowl. What I thought was going to be a letter recognition activity turned into a fine motor activity.

One last picture. During Zach's conference with his teachers they mentioned that he is very good at putting together puzzles. I have some puzzle but they've been kept in the storage area of the basement so while he was sleeping one day I brought a bunch of them up so he could play with them. He wasn't the only one that wanted to play with them.
That's about it. Exciting wasn't it? Maybe after getting 2 feet of snow dumped on us this weekend I'll have something else to post about.

No comments: