Sunday, August 29, 2010

Making a Bus

This was our 3rd Lowes Build and Grow workshop we've taken the kids to this summer. I was looking forward to this one, it was a bus that had a secret compartment with a chalkboard top and it even came with the chalk. As I said, I was really looking forward to it...that is until the kids started making them. Or should I say Zach started making his. His didn't have all the pieces so he couldn't even finish it plus one of the sides that holds the chalkboard in broke off so the top wouldn't go on right. Of course this time they barely had enough kits for the people that signed up so I couldn't even get him an extra one. Luckily he didn't know the difference. Just give him a hammer and he's happy, like this:
Megan did most of hers by herself.
They got their certificates and patches when they were done and the woman running the workshop said to stop back at 11:00 and if they had any left then I could have another one for Zach.

I stop back and luckily there were some no shows so there were 6 kits left and we scored another one. We still haven't fixed Zach's bus yet but at least now we can if we want to! Unfortunately I never did take a picture of the finished product, Megan's came out cute though.

No comments: