Sunday, March 27, 2011

Went shopping today...

...and bought a car! It was kind of an impulse buy since we were just looking but we got offered such an incredible deal that we would have been stupid not to take it. Lauren can get her license in 3 months and we really don't want her driving either the minivan or Pilot, way too big for her and we're not really liking the idea that she could ride around with 6 or 7 of her friends! So a smaller car was in our future anyway. Here's a picture of our new 2011 Ford Focus once we got it home: I said it was an impulse buy because we truly weren't looking to buy a car today, just in the near future. That's not to say that we didn't do a little bit of homework last night by checking out various cars online. We even went to a couple of dealerships yesterday to physically see the cars and sit inside them. We went out again today "just looking." Since this car gets much better gas mileage than either of our cars Paul said he's going to drive it to work the next few months and I'll take it in the evenings when I'm picking kids up from their various activities. Someone's got to use until Lauren can right? It is a fun little car to drive and I've already enjoyed picking the girls up from youth group tonight in it. Lauren just wishes she could drive it. For now all she can do is sit in the driver seat and pose for this picture: I can't believe that in a few months my baby will be driving. For everyone reading this that wants to remain safe, you have until the end of June and then stay off the road!

No comments: