All that space behind us eventually filled in with people and it turned into a very crowded day at the beach. We all missed having the beach space we have when we're at the Outer Banks.
The surf drops off pretty quickly too so Zach couldn't go out very far. Yet another thing the Outer Banks has spoiled us on. There you could walk out pretty far and still only be waist deep. At Rehoboth you were waist deep in about 10 feet or less.
He enjoyed playing in the sand, even with his minimal toys. I still don't understand why he likes to dive in the sand and be all sandy from head to toe. All I can say is yuck!
Lauren wanted Zach to sprinkle some of his water on her feet. All was fine until he started sprinkling sand too.
Megan and the friend she was staying with slept in so we didn't see them until we were almost ready to leave the beach. Zach and I walked down to see her before we left. Megan's head is the one on the right.
They were treating the ocean like a pool and swimming all over the place out there. Good thing they were in front of a lifeguard. I wish we could have spent more time with them but oh well, it was just as crowded where they were but at least we had a bathroom close (a must for Zach!)
Once Zach and I got back to our spot on the beach a big gray cloud was over us. Since our time was running out in our meter we decided to pack up our stuff and put everything back in the car. We weren't done with Rehoboth yet though. We put some more quarters in the meter and then went and had lunch at Grotto's. We're not very creative when it comes to eating there, we always go to Grotto's. After lunch we explored some of the stores and Kristin even bought herself a new pet, a hermit crab. I had to take one more picture of the kids before we left the boardwalk. Kristin's holding her new pet.
I was the one that drove to Rehoboth beach, simply because I wanted to and since we left the house a little later than I wanted I figured I could make up some time. Lauren drove home though so she could log some more driving time. She did good and got another hour and half for her driving log. She needs 60 hours and she has 6 months to do it in. I don't know what people would do if their 6 months didn't occur over the summer. Lauren already has over 53 hours and still 4 months to complete it.
We had a nice day in Rehoboth and even though it was a day trip I'm still glad we went. Hopefully with Hurricane Irene coming this weekend the beach is still there to enjoy next year, both Rehoboth and the Outer Banks. An earthquake and hurricane, all in one week. What is Mother Nature doing to us?
No comments:
Post a Comment