Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Rainy Day


This morning it was really rainy and stormy so we cut open the box that his new bike came in and made it into a town.  At first he didn't want to do any of it and said to me, "you do it."  So I did.  As soon as I started drawing the roads he came over to help.  
On the one side we have roads with a soccer field, baseball field and pool, all with various parking lots/spaces.  Then there's a road that leads to the other side which started out as a bike track but later turned into a racetrack.  In the far corner I just had to draw in a little shopping center and with Zach's help we made the stores into a Target, McDonald's and Dunkin Donuts.

There was a small spot between two of our roads and I asked him what we thought should be there.  He wanted to put a racetrack there but I said it was kind of small for that and suggested a small park with a swing set.  He looked at me, paused, then said, "Nah, I like my idea better" and then proceeded to draw his small racetrack.  I deemed it the kiddie racetrack!

No comments: