I love field day! This year each of the activities was named after a country. Zach's class went to the sack race first. I can't remember what country it was named after so I'll just call it a sack race, which is really what it was.
This activity was called Sushi Roll Relay Race and it was from Japan. The kids had to race in teams to be the first to roll up their sushi (blanket with various odd and ends placed on it.) It was a cute idea.I really thought I would remember what the names for all these were so I didn't take pictures of the signs. Big mistake! I have no idea what country this represented but it was an egg relay.
This game has been a favorite through the years. Once again the kids are in teams and must one at a time use a cup to scoop water and carry it to their bucket.
The challenge is that there are holes in the bottom of the cup!
This was a torch relay. Zach's team finished first both times they played and I believe it was all due to how fast Zach can run. :) The country was USA.
One station was a break time where they could use chalk to draw and also get some water.
I loved watching this game. Basically you try to grab other kids' flags while avoiding yours being taken. I love the picture because Zach has no idea that his flag is about to be taken! They could get their flag back by doing 5 jumping jacks. Zach did a lot of jumping jacks!
Tug-of-war, a classic, the country was Australia. The first time they played it was the boys versus the girls and the boys won.
The teams were mixed up and once again Zach's team won. In fact, Zach's team won every time they played. What's the common denominator? Zach! His strength won it for his team. :)
Once again I don't remember the country but it was another relay race where you hop to the cone and back.
Even though the kids were mostly in teams and doing relay races throughout the day there were really no "winners" at the end of the day. Actually I should say "everyone" was a winner since we're talking about elementary school kids. Of course my kid just outshined them all! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment