The annual fall festival took place last night at Zach's school. We've been attending this event since the girls were little and it's a mix of fun and dread for me. It's fun because they have lots of games and activities the kids can do and I get to see other parents I know. I dread it because it gets so crowded anymore and within 15 minutes of being there you can hardly walk down the hall!
This year it was me, Zach and Megan that went. I pre-bought what seemed like a gazillion tickets because they're always cheaper if you buy them early and we tend to use lots of them. So the kids could play whatever games they wanted, eat dinner and do the cake walk multiple times. Zach was the luckiest one this year because his number was called the second time he did the cake walk. He ended up picking chocolate cupcakes with candy corn on top and we found out that his first grade teacher made them. We all agreed that he picked the best one! So Megan, who has always been lucky at the cake walk took all night to finally win a cake (good thing I bought a gazillion tickets right?) She ended up with a store bought one from Zingo's.
But...not only did they each win a cake, Zach won one of the baskets that was raffled off. His ticket was the one pulled for the game basket.
So now our record for winning a basket at the basket raffle stands at 2. We've been at this elementary school for 13 years and spend at least $10 each year on tickets to try and win one. So that's $130 we've spent over the years and we've gotten an Italian basket (Lauren won that a couple years ago) and the game basket Zach just won. The items inside were totally not worth it! I'll just consider the money a donation to the school instead.
We have 3 more years to enjoy (or dread) these fall festivals. As long as the kids keep having fun I guess I'll keep taking them.
No comments:
Post a Comment