Sometime in November Paul and I attended a dinner/auction. One of the items that caught Paul's eye was a 6-pack of tickets to a Flyers game that was in a suite and included food and drinks. Not often do we see anything that could accommodate our entire family so Paul felt the need to bid on that particular item. Well, lo and behold, he won! We kept it a secret until Christmas Eve when we presented our gift to the kids.
The game was last night, a 7:30 start time against Montreal. We arrived in the suite about 40 minutes before game time. When you first walked in there was 2 small round tables with chairs and then 12 stadium type seats closer to the ice, here's the kids sitting in the second row of the seats.
Megan and Lauren posing. You can see Paul in the background at what was a long table with 3 bar stools. The food that was served was typical finger foods such as hotdogs, french fries, wings, chicken fingers and some type of cheese steak roll thingie. Then there was about any type of drink you could want. The kids had tons of sodas to choose from, Paul had tons of beer to choose from and I had some white wine. I saw the hostess was making mixed drinks too but just decided to stick with my wine. There was also chips and popcorn sitting on the tables. Zach kept going back for popcorn so many times that he eventually came back with the whole basket. He said someone gave it to him. Probably because they were sick of him getting it so many times!
Before too many people came I took a picture of the kids in front of the ice.
Then I had one of the kids take a picture of Paul and I.
Zach and Kristin are sitting on the barstools while Megan pokes her head in front of the camera!
Finally we were able to get the hostess to take a group shot of our family.
I had to take lots of pictures. After all it's not everyday we get to sit in a suite! Here's Zach and Paul with Megan and Kristin photo bombing from behind.
A picture of some of the players on the ice. It must have been during a commercial break or something since no one is actually doing anything.
Like I said, lots of pictures were taken. Here's me and Lauren.
I guess the girls took a lot of pictures too. Megan and Kristin taking a selfie.
Another picture of the Flyers on the ice.
Along with pictures of a fight that broke out.
Zach was all over the place! He enjoyed the freedom of being able to go get food, drinks and even go to the bathroom himself. I will say that having our own bathroom and eating unlimited amounts of food were the highlights for me!
No, let me rephrase that. Those things were high up on my list but the absolute highlight for me was spending the evening with my family. Priceless!
No comments:
Post a Comment