What an exciting and long game this one was. They had to stop the game for a little while until they could get a snake off of the field. Yes...I said snake. I had just sent Kristin and Megan to the concession stand so just minutes before they passed this nasty looking thing that they didn't even see...
The snake kept going in between the holes in the fence. I absolutely hate snakes, even the small tiny ones and this one was no small tiny one. So what do I do? Grab my camera and go closer to it! What was I thinking?Well I was thinking zoom lens. I was actually not that close at all! The snake sure had a fan club following it's every move, there must have been 15 people around following the adventure. Paul volunteered his chair bag in hopes of getting the snake inside so it could be moved. Another person grabbed the snakes tail before it could escape out onto the field again.
And then with the help of a shovel that Paul went and got out of the shed they pinned the snakes head and then this brave person grabbed it and put it into Paul's chair bag.
Great! Now what to do with Paul's chair bag that now held a snake? That mean old snake became our dinner, yum! Just kidding. I have no desire to reenact Survivorman or any of those other shows. What happened was the guy that put it in the bag took it back into the woods and released it. I didn't follow for that adventure, all I know is that we got an empty chair bag back. I will forever now be on high alert for snakes whenever I sit and watch any future games.
Now, about the actual game. Zach had an amazing game with two hits, eventually scoring on both of them. Here's hit #1...
No comments:
Post a Comment