Saturday, June 7, 2014

Field Day, Kristin Driving and Lauren Moving (Whew! That's a lot.)

What a beautiful day for all the events in my title!  The weather was just perfect, not too hot and not too cold.  The first event for the day was Paul and I stopping by to see the little man play some of the games at Field Day.  The challenge was trying to find him!  We spotted him at the volleyball game but stopped to chat with someone during that.  When Zach moved to the 3-legged race we caught up to him.  He was paired with his buddy Aidann.
 Next was the sack race.  His team sure did hop fast.


We saw them play a large game of Twister that was spray painted on the grass.  This picture was at the end of the game right before they left for their next event.
Onto the water relay.  This is probably the most popular game of field day and is done every year.  A teammate passes you a cup...
...you fill it with water...
 
...run to the other side but be careful, the cup has holes in it...
 ...and pour it into a bucket.
 The team with the most water at the end is the winner.
Zach's team tied with another team as the winner.
Paul and I had to leave after that game and got home with about 10 minutes to spare before we got to see Kristin drive home by herself for the first time.
I guess she did okay since she made it home in one piece!
So much excitement for the day already but no, it's not over yet.  It's move out day for Lauren.  She and 3 other girls are moving into an apartment, today.  She didn't have a lot to move but she did want to take her desk which was heavy.  I was the official door holder and picture taker.  :)
I don't think my car could have held anything else.  Every little nook and cranny was packed with something.
Paul's car was packed with odds and ends that didn't fit into my car and then there was Papaw's truck that had her bed and mattress in it.   So we drove our little caravan down the road to her new place, a whole 10 minutes away and unloaded it...up 3 flights of stairs!  We surprisingly got everything up there faster than I thought we would.  I meant to take more pictures but got caught up with carrying things.  My official picture taker status was gone!

So we get her moved in and you would think I would go home and relax after all of that.  No, not in our house.  Either we do nothing during the day or we have multiple things planned for the day.  There's hardly ever an in between for us.  Today was one of those busy as anything days.  That evening I took Kristin, Megan and a friend of each of them to the movies to see A Fault in Our Stars.  Kristin had been talking about it for months so we had to go on opening day.  I'll admit I was looking forward to it too and it was an awesome movie.  A perfect ending to a perfect day.

No comments: