Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy 14th Birthday Lauren!

Lauren actually started last Friday celebrating her birthday when she asked if she could have some of her friends come over and spend the night. There was a PAL dance that night so the plan was for her friends to come over around 4:00, feed everyone pizza and cake, take and pick up everyone from the dance, and then have them sleepover till Saturday at 11:00. So 4 of her friends (she was limited in the number, they had to fit in our cars!) came to her "birthday party." Here they are singing Happy Birthday to her.

Her ice cream cake that she picked out at BJ's that day.
I think the girls all had fun. They seemed to get along well even though some were school friends and some were soccer friends. One of her friends proudly said she didn't go to sleep till 6:30 am! Lauren just can't hang, she was the first asleep at 4:00 :)

Saturday evening we actually had nothing to do and since the whole family was together we decided to go out to dinner to celebrate Lauren's birthday. We usually let the birthday person choose where they want to go and Lauren wanted to go to Olive Garden so that's where we went.

Today, her actual birthday, was so busy that I knew I couldn't do much for her. (Mainly why we did everything over the weekend.) We did manage to sneak over to Coldstone Creamery while Zach was sleeping and get some of their delicious ice cream. Yum!

After dinner we did things a little backwards and opened presents first before cake since no one was hungry. I got her one of those cards that makes music when you open it, this one played "Walking on Sunshine" since she's my little sunshine. (Awwww!)


I love this picture! I told Zach to go sit on Lauren's back and they got a little goofy.

One more cake. That girl got 2 cakes and a huge cup of ice cream for her birthday. I might have to take her clothes shopping for bigger clothes!
As of right now that cake has yet to be eaten. We were still so full from dinner that we just put the candles on, sang to Lauren and she blew the candles out. It was funny because I started to put the lid back on and put it away and Zach just lost it. "I want cake!!!!" I guess he was the only one not full! He was satisfied with a cookie from the top, when Lauren gets back from karate in a few minutes we'll finally have our cake.

Can't believe that my baby is 14! Seems like yesterday she was a little girl...

No comments: