Thursday, June 4, 2009

Megan's Recorder Recital

In 3rd grade the kids learn how to play the recorder in music class. Lauren did it, Kristin did it and this year it was Megan's turn. The concert was yesterday afternoon so while Lauren stayed home with Zach I went over and watched the concert.

First they all played several different songs together. Then they took turns playing either individually or in small groups if they wanted. When it was Megan's turn she played a duet with her friend, a song that they had written. Her music teacher told us that they had approached her and asked if they could have a piece of staff paper, she seemed really impressed with them and told them she would laminate their song so they could keep it as a keepsake.

The music teacher Megan has is the same one that Kristin has and the same one that Lauren had when she was in elementary school. When I dropped the girls off with that beehive a few weeks ago she was there where the drop off is and stopped me. She wanted to tell me how great my girls were and how much she just loved having them in her class. That just made my day to hear that.

Of course I couldn't go to a concert without recording part of it and of course I couldn't blog about it without putting something on here. So here's Megan playing her duet she helped write. I only have the first 30 seconds, they actually played for a minute.

Overall a very nice little 3rd grade concert. I've got a ways to go before I get to go to Zach's!

No comments: