We did end up getting to see Gus again before he left. Lauren and I only briefly since I was taking her to a football game but the rest of the family stayed longer. The kids went outside and played and had a great time.

Saturday
I had signed Zach and Megan up to build a firetruck at Lowe's, another one of their Build and Grow workshops. We arrived early for that one expecting it to be crowded since that was a cool project, the fire truck even made sounds. Well it did end up getting crowded but we never got to build the firetruck. Apparently there was a recall with the sound button and they sent out puppet shows to build instead. Since they didn't even hand those out until 20 minutes late we just took ours and left figuring we would just build them at home sometime. We still haven't built them but then again a puppet show just isn't that exciting.
As we were leaving Lowe's they had a real firetruck that the kids could check out. So we did at least do that.

Our next event that day was Kristin's volleyball game. Zach was getting antsy waiting for the game before hers to finish so we went for a little stroll around the church. Zach has such a cheesy smile.
Game time. It was so hot in that gym that Zach couldn't get comfortable. He's always been a very sweaty little guy, here he is taking a rest on Paul.
Kristin actually started! She had a couple of really good hits and then kind of fizzled out. Her coach took her out to talk to her and then put her right back in. She did a little better after that. I have seen great improvement with her this year. I still think she needs to get a little more aggressive and go after the ball though.We went to church and then afterwards stayed for a Mystery Lunch. Each table has to solve clues as to what is being served and then put them in one of 3 different courses. For example: one thing on the list might be "Bugs' favorite shavings" which would be carrots. You also had to make sure you figured out any utensils such as this easy one, "2+2+3+8-11+K" which would be a fork. You end up being served what you guess for each course. For instance you might end up getting ice cream with tomatoes and shredded cheese for your appetizer and chicken with sprinkles and bananas for your dessert if you don't guess right. It's pretty comical to see what each table gets. Our table did fairly well today. We only got a few things mixed up. I don't want to tell you what we had since Paul wasn't there and he hasn't tried to figure out the clues for himself yet. Who knows? Maybe the kids and I will actually do the mystery lunch at home and he can have the same wacky experience as us.
Then next was Alex's birthday party. Since I've already blogged about it I won't repeat it but what a great way to end a weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment