Saturday, October 30, 2010

Carving our Pumpkins

There's nothing like waiting till almost the last minute to carve our pumpkins! We finally found some time where all of us were together right before dinner tonight. Lauren and Kristin were goofing around with one of those non-sharp carving knives.Lauren got started first. I'm glad she's old enough to be able to do the whole thing herself, didn't have to help her one bit.
I cut the top off of Megan's but she surprised me by carving her own face. She made me a little nervous using the knife but she did it and managed to even keep all her fingers.
For Zach's pumpkin I cut the top off and waited for Paul to help him with the rest. I thought Zach would like taking all the seeds and stuff out of the pumpkin but he wanted nothing to do with it. He just watched as his daddy did it all.
Kristin didn't want to cut her top off either but she did do the face. She was the last one to finish and was still working on it as Paul was grilling our dinner.
Zach didn't even want to pose with his finished jack-o-lantern, probably because he didn't help with any of it.
Lauren was all to willing to pose with hers.
Megan was in a mood. Her and her pumpkin look a lot alike!
Her mouth was cut out but she didn't push it through so I did finish that up for her.

Kristin, the last to finish.
By this time it was dark outside so I decided to light 'em and take a picture of them tonight. Starting from the left the jack-o-lantern's are Zach's, Megan's, Kristin's and Lauren's.

Now we have some spooky decorations for when we have trick-or-treaters come tomorrow.

No comments: