Thursday, December 9, 2010

Band Concert

Kristin was part of the Winter Concert last night. Since she's now in 7th grade she's become a part of the "Symphonic Wind Ensemble" instead of just being in the "6th grade band." She's moving up in the world! Last night's concert was actually held at Lauren's school since they needed more space. Lauren went with me and volunteered to be my photographer. She said she never did get Kristin's attention but here's Kristin after they got on the stage and took their seats.
I showed Kristin the picture and she likes her hair!

Here's a short clip of one of the songs they played. You can't see Kristin since she's in the second row but you can at least hear how the band plays. They played 4 songs and I'm not sure which one this clip is from. It's either "Holiday Magic" or "Chorale from Jupiter". I don't really know, they just blend together after awhile!

It was a very long concert! The band was actually the last to play. We had to sit through two different chorus groups and then the strings. Of course each group had to do 3 or 4 songs and it took time switching from group to group. I was beginning to wonder if the band was ever going to play! I know I'm biased but I think the concert ended on a good note, the band is by far the best out of all the musical groups at her school.

No comments: