Thursday, December 23, 2010

Having lots of Fun!

Roller Skating
Megan's class went on a roller skating field trip on their last day of school before the holiday vacation. Paul, Zach and I went to watch her. Well, Paul actually went to skate and Zach and I went to watch. While they were waiting for someone to come and hand out skates Zach got to hang out with Megan.
Zach didn't skate but he did enjoy a game of air hockey with Paul.
He later played a couple games of skee ball with me and then played a candy claw game that guarantees that you win candy when you play it.

Meanwhile...Megan had fun skating around with her friends. This isn't the best picture since I didn't use a flash and they were moving but you can see Megan on the right.
Of course it wasn't very long before Megan wanted to get a drink so off to the concession stand for icees. Megan sat with her friends and Paul, Zach and I sat by ourselves.
It was hot in there so the icees were a nice treat. Paul stayed for the whole thing since he was skating but Zach and I left once he finished his icee. It'll be a few years before we get to enjoy another skating field trip, we'll have to wait till Zach is old enough.

Gingerbread House
Every year I say I'm not going to put together a gingerbread house, the icing is a pain. Of course every year we end up putting one together. This year though it was Jingles fault because he brought us one for a present and how could we not put it together? That would just hurt poor Jingles feelings. About the only thing I did this year was mix the sugar and water together. Paul took over with filling the bag with the icing and "gluing" the sides and roof of the house together. How did I get so lucky?
The fun part of a gingerbread house is decorating it. Zach wanted to help and he did put a few pieces of candy on but I think that more went in his mouth!


The finished gingerbread house...
Immediately afterwards Zach started pulling off the candy and eating it! It's going to be a sorry looking thing in a couple of days.

No comments: