Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Holiday Concert

Kristin's 1st concert of this school year was last night.  Wow, what a long concert it was too.  Every musical ensemble in the entire middle school  played last night with the exception of the 6th grade band and the jump start strings.  I thought I was smart by getting Kristin to the school earlier than she needed to be so I could get a good seat.  I think everyone else had the same idea too because even though I was 45 minutes early I was pretty far in the back.  I did manage to save 8 seats next to each other though so I guess my idea sort of worked out.  If I had been any later I doubt I could have even done that.  It was Zach, Megan and myself that saved the seats and then gradually mamaw and papaw came then Paul and poppop.  Lauren was the last to arrive because she was watching the basketball game that was in the gym next door. 

The band is always the last to play, no matter what concert I've ever been too.  As soon as they were seated Lauren went up closer and took a picture of Kristin. 

 I took this picture by accident.  I meant to start my video but hit the picture button instead.  You can at least tell she's on the end seat.
They played a song called Crosswinds March first and then they played this song, Twisted Night Before Christmas (Jingles on the Housetop).  (Zach kept bumping into me on this one, that's why it's a little shaky looking.)
The finale of the night was the African Bell Carol and not only did the band play but so did the Symphonia and also the Chorale sang.  That was the first time that they'd ever put all 3 groups together.  I took a video of it only because I wanted to record the music.  You can't see Kristin at all because she's sitting on stage behind the Chorale.  Here's the first part...
And now for the second part.
They received a standing ovation and the band/orchestra/chorus did the whole song again.  When Lauren was in 7th grade she played the African Bell Carol during a concert but it was only the band playing.  I always regretted not getting that one on video because it was simply amazing. (They also received a standing ovation and did an encore.)  So that's why I took the video even though you can't see Kristin.  I just really like that song!  I think the first concert of the year was a success.  Now only two more to go.

No comments: