Lauren had a soccer game both days this weekend. At yesterday's game her team had no subs so she had to play the whole time. In fact with about 10 minutes to go the goalie got hurt and guess who volunteers to go in as goalie? Yep, Lauren. You don't see her doing this very often!
Thankfully there was only one shot on goal and it hit the goalpost so she didn't really have to do too much. Good thing since she NEVER plays this position. Now today's game they had 2 subs. Lauren started off as a defender but then moved up to a forward during the second half where she ended up scoring a goal. Here she is right after she kicked the ball...
I wish I could have zoomed out fast enough but it really did go in the net! Another picture of her afterwards as her teammates are congratulating her.
Here's a few more pics of her during the game because I know you haven't seen enough of her playing soccer. :)
Today's game was the last game of the regular season but next weekend they have a tournament they're playing in so the team isn't done yet. After next weekend though it's bye-bye club soccer. She has a spring season of high school soccer to get through and unless she plays in college her soccer days will be done. I kind of can't believe it since she's been playing since she was in kindergarten.
No comments:
Post a Comment