Monday, November 5, 2012

Fun Weekend

Lauren was one of the managers for the boys soccer team this year so during "Senior Night" she got recognized because she was a senior.  The seniors' parents are supposed to come and stand with their senior so that meant that Paul and I had to go.  This was this past Friday night. Oh my, was it cold out!  Here's the group shot of the boys senior team with two of the managers to the right (they're holding yellow bags.) Lauren is the second one from the right, I'm standing next to her and Paul is next to me looking right at the camera.   
Paul and my 20th anniversary was on October 25th (which was a Thursday) but because Kristin had some of her band friends come over to design Halloween costumes we didn't go out to dinner.  We just figured we would go out Friday night instead but Paul got sick on Friday so those plans were out.  I did however get these lovely roses from Paul on our anniversary:
 There are 24 of them, 20 red for each year we've been married plus 3 pink ones (to represent the girls) and one blue one (to represent Zach).  Isn't that cute? 

So we didn't get another chance to go out to dinner until this past Saturday.  We chose to go to The Back Burner where we had an awesome dinner.  I ordered the crab cakes and Paul ordered the bacon wrapped filet.  We swapped half our dinners so we each would have surf and turf.  I took this picture to send to the kids.  Of course I should have taken it while there was still food on our plates!
 The bartender heard that it was our anniversary so he brought us a complimentary bottle of champagne! 
We didn't realize until we were looking at the dessert/drink menu that that bottle, if we had ordered it, would have cost us $50!  Wow!  We've had bottles of wine brought to us before but not a $50 bottle of champagne.  That was a very nice surprise that just added to our delicious dinner.

On Sunday Lauren played in another soccer game.  I was dreading it because of her concussion scare a couple weeks ago but she played really well and even scored for the first with this team. Her goal helped even up the score and they ended the game with a tie, 2-2.  Better than a loss!

So in conclusion we had a very nice weekend and Paul even painted Megan's room.  I don't have any before or after pictures of it but it went from a very messed up purple to a freshly painted blue.  It looks very nice and goes with her comforter.  Now I just have to buy her new curtains!

No comments: