The soccer season has started again and I can't believe this will be the last year I get to see Lauren play soccer. There are 7 seniors on the team and Lauren got picked to be one of two captains. We kind of figured she was going to since she's been a starter on varsity all 4 years but you never quite know for sure. So here's some pictures from her first few games:
This doesn't happen for every game but at this one the starting players were announced. Her name had just been called.
They line up in the middle of the field, slapping hands as each player announced comes out.Then stand at attention, holding hands, while the National Anthem is played. I love when they announce the players.
Here's Lauren doing one of her captain duties. Before the game and after half time she gives a little pep talk and starts the cheer.
Another one of Lauren's duties as captain is to be a part of the coin toss at the beginning of a game.
Doesn't she look pampered? She's getting one of her team mates to stretch her leg for her.
I guess it didn't work because she came out injured!
Whatever she did it didn't last because she was back playing/practicing the next day. If we can only make it through one season without anything major happening it would be a miracle.
No comments:
Post a Comment