Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring Time in the Park

I love going to Hershey Park in the spring, the lines are usually shorter, it's not as hot as the summer and it's a lot cheaper!  The downside at going in the spring is that there are few water rides up and running and the ones that are, like the flume, we avoid.
 
As always, the first ride we head to is Fahrenheit since that line can get long.  Here's the picture I took of Megan, Kristin, Paul and Lauren.  Like how I kept the "Please, no personal cameras" in the picture?  Yet another advantage to having a tall husband, he can block the view of the park employees for me!
We had to let Zach do something so onto the Fun Slide.  Zach raced Paul...
...and Kristin raced Lauren.
I used to love this ride when I was younger but I can't do spinny things anymore.  Well, I can, it's just better if I don't!  So instead I enjoyed watching our kids go round and round.
Most rides we could just walk right on.  Zach was actually tall enough this year that he could have rode quite a few roller coasters but he chose to only go on one, the Wild Mouse.  Not the best starter roller coaster in my opinion, the ride is too jerky.  The funny thing is he rode The Sooperdooperlooper last year but flat out refused to ride it this year.  I know it took us forever to get Lauren to ride roller coasters but I'm hoping it won't take quite as long for Zach.  How cool would it be for all 6 of us to ride together?  I can't wait for the day.

We took a break and ate the lunch we brought and also posed for a picture.
Then headed back into the park for some more rides.
This was taken on the Kissing Tower.  See how Zach is holding onto Lauren?  That's because when he asked me what that ride did I told him it spins and goes up and then suddenly drops.  He wasn't sure if I was kidding or not.  Yeah I know, mean mom.
It's not Hershey Park if we don't drive the old cars.  It's always the old cars too, never the race cars.  This time Megan rode with Lauren...
Paul rode with Zachary...
And I rode with Kristin.  Of course I don't have any pictures of that since I'm the one taking the pictures.

The girls and Paul wanted to ride another roller coaster so Zach and I went and got Dippin' Dots.
We always visit Chocolate World and go on their free ride.  Lately we've been buying the picture they take.  Here's this years:
I don't know if we'll get to go back to Hershey Park again this summer or not.  If not, this trip was fun and we hope to at least go again next spring.

No comments: