Friday, May 15, 2009

Lauren's Last Concert :(

Last night she played in her final concert for middle school and probably forever. She's decided not to play in high school and she was very excited that last nights concert was the last one. It's a shame because she really is pretty good, especially for not practicing! After 5 years of playing I think she's had enough.All the 8th graders were given white carnations to wear to signify that they were leaving. Last time you'll see her in that hideous looking vest and bow tie! Prepare to see Kristin in it next year though.

I know this isn't the best video but I couldn't zoom anymore than I did or it would have gotten blurry. Lauren is the one sitting behind the music stand. I think she deliberately put it up high enough so I couldn't see her. Here's a short clip from "The Curse of Tutankhamen."

The squeaking you heard was from the clarinets, at least that's what Lauren and her friends told me.

All in all a very good concert. We heard the Symphonia play before the band and even though I'm not usually a fan of listening to the strings they were actually pretty good this time. From now on any future posts about band will involve Kristin. At least with her playing the clarinet she should be in the front row, at least for the middle school concerts.

No comments: