It was my special day today at preschool, Zach's class (and mine) had their Mother's Day Tea. A substitute came in for me at 11:00 so I could go upstairs and join the other mommies. At 11:30 the kids came in to sing. Here's a picture of what the table looked like, his class had a Hollywood theme.
I took that picture earlier in the day when I had to go upstairs and put things on my class tables. Here's another picture of just his creations. He has the picture frame where he looks like a gangster, the film strip picture placemat, a star trophy that says, "my mom is the "reel" star," and a heart, flower and bead necklace. All for me! I sure felt special.
On each chair was a class made book titled, "Now Showing: My Mom, a Documentary." Each child had to answer questions about their moms and all the kids answers were put into this book. Zach's page went like this (I bolded his responses): "My mom's name is Amy. My mom is 21 years old and 5 feet tall. My mom weighs 60 pounds. My mom's favorite color is purple, orange and pink. My mom likes to eat spaghetti and meatballs. My mom knows all about gardening. For fun my mom likes to play choo-choo trains with me. My mom looks prettiest when she goes to a meeting. If my mom were a movie star, she would be Rapunzel. My mom is special to me because she cooks dinner." I love the first part where my age is 21 and my weight is 60! No wonder I like that boy so much. I'm not sure why he thinks I know about gardening, I can't keep a plant alive for anything! I love that I'm special to him because I cook his dinner. Last year he said I was special because I washed his dishes. I'm stepping up in the world!
The food that the class made was chicken salad on a croissant and a fruit cup. A bag of popcorn (the kids decorated white lunch bags to resemble popcorn containers) sat behind the pictures. I obviously took the above pictures before his teachers brought the food up.
I had a nice 30 minutes of eating and talking to the other mommies from his class and then the kids came in to do their program. They each walked in holding a sun...
The next song was, "You Are My Sunshine." I tried uploading it but I guess it's too long. Maybe I'll try to find a program that can shorten it but for now I'll skip it and go on to the next video. It was cute though.
This one is the kids singing "All Night, All Day."
This one is "I Love My Mommy." You can really hear Zach singing in this one.
Did you notice the kids doing sign language? All the songs except the first one had sign language that the kids did. The kids all did a great job and I really enjoyed my hour that I got to spend just being a "mommy" and not a teacher!
No comments:
Post a Comment