So, like I said, easy game. Of course on senior night all the seniors start, even the ones that don't normally. There were only 6 seniors so at least Lauren didn't have to sit on the bench and she started like normal. Six minutes into the game and she gets an assist for the first goal of the game. Here's a picture of her that I copied off the website.
Not sure when that was taken but since I didn't take many pictures I had to put something on here!At the 7th minute of the game Lauren scores a beautiful header goal to score the second goal of the game. I couldn't believe that my concussion girl did a header goal but there was no one around her and the pass was in the perfect position to head it so that's what she did. I do not have any pictures of it, only of her very happily running back to the center afterwards.
Of course all her teammates asked her if she was alright and joked about it with her. They all know she shouldn't be doing headers! She was fine though. At the 11th minute Lauren assists with the 3rd goal. After that she was taken out of the game! The one thing the coach doesn't want to do is run the score up against a much weaker team. After 2 more goals to make the score 5-0 a lot of the other starters came out too. She only got 2 more minutes of playing time and that was at the very end of the second half. She probably wouldn't have gone in then but someone had to go in for the seniors that were being taken out. Her team ended the game winning with a score of 8-0. Only two more games to go for the regular season. The next two games should be a lot more challenging though.
Other pictures:
I love being able to copy pictures off the sports website. The guy that takes them has a much better camera than me and he's allowed on the field (sidelines that is) to take pictures. So I'll end this with a few pics of her from past games.






No comments:
Post a Comment