It's not summer if we don't hit the Family Fun Night at the zoo at least once. We missed the June one, that's when we normally go. Next year I'm going to try really hard to get to the June one because this one was packed with people. The zoo opens at 6:00 and I got there a couple of minutes before 6:00 and the parking lot is already full. I ended up getting a close spot on the side in the grass, I hesitated parking there but then again a whole line of cars did the same thing. If my car was going to get towed at least it was Lauren's car!
As I was entering the parking lot I saw a huge line of people waiting to get in since the gates hadn't opened yet. Wow is all I was thinking. I have never seen that many people at the start of it. By the time we park and walk up there the line is gone so at least it was easy to get in. The first thing we did was spin one of the wheels for prizes. Megan and I each won a key chain, Zach won a travel mug. At least they both liked theirs. We then headed for the food before that line got too long. Here's Zach and Megan enjoying their $1 hotdogs:

After eating we checked out all the animals. The tiger that we saw last year had died during the year but the zoo just recently got a new one. It wasn't out on display yet since it was getting acclimated to it's new environment and zoo keepers. We walked around and saw the llamas, the capybara, the bobcat, just to name a few. We even saw the river otters this year taking a nap on the side, we have never seen them, they're usually hiding. We skip the making a butterfly station, neither kid was interested and we also skipped the tattoo station, the line was way too long. So we headed back to the entrance of the park and spin one final wheel, the WSTW one. Usually at least one of us wins but I guess me, Zach and Megan aren't very lucky. Kristin had the chance to come with us but she opted to stay home.
It was so crowded that I hardly took any pictures. After leaving I had Megan and Zach stand by the Brandywine Zoo sign just so I would have something.
Then of course there's the picture I always take by the fountain near the parking lot. They had to pose before getting a penny to throw in.
And that was it. In the past we've normally done and seen everything there is in less than an hour, this year it took us almost an hour and a half due to the crowd. I don't think I'll ever go again in July!
No comments:
Post a Comment