Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

We turned our pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns yesterday, always a fun event.  I cut the top off of Zach's pumpkin and he started scooping out the seeds while he waited for daddy to carve the face. 

Kristin was having a little too much fun with that knife!

Lauren was super fast.  She had the top cut off, all the guts scooped out and started doing her face before anyone else. 

Megan was drawing her face first before cutting.
The older they get the easier these jack-o-lanterns become!  The girls all do their pumpkins 100% by themselves and it's just Zach that needs help with a knife. 

Posing with their finished pumpkins:




The jack-o-lanterns from left to right:  Zach, Megan, Kristin and Lauren.

So that brings us to tonight, trick-or-treating.  Zach was originally going to be a race car driver like he was last year but switched to this dinosaur costume at the last minute. 
I'm glad he chose that since it was so cold tonight.  I'm sure all the padding in that costume kept him pretty warm. 
Megan was a rocker girl and Lauren was a native american. 

Not really sure what Kristin was, she just likes to wear that wig!
Everyone but Kristin went out trick-or-treating at some point during the night.  Kristin kept saying she was too old but I saw much older kids out.  I think she just wanted to stay in where it was warm and let her siblings do all the work.  All the candy goes in the communal candy bowl and she knows that.  Why do all the work when you can get the candy for free?  Smart girl. 

Here's just part of the candy they collected.  Zach was in heaven with all that candy in front of him!
We have enough candy to last us until Valentine's Day! 

No comments: