Zach had a ball at field day this morning. Literally, he had a ball, see:
This station was called "Horton Hatches An Egg" and the kids were put into teams. They got to hop to the cone and back. I used to love hippity hops (that's what I used to call them anyway) when I was younger. I've deprived Zach though, I'm not sure he's ever been on one, at least that I've seen. Can you tell that he loved it?The next station was called "Cat in the Hat." Supposedly the kids were to get into pairs and hold the corners of the net while tossing a stuffed cat into the air then a third person would try and catch it in a hat. Since the group was way too big to do it that way (two kindergarten classes were together, about 38 kids) they formed groups of 4 or 5 instead. We also didn't have enough stuffed cats so Zach's group tossed a hat and then just tried to catch the hat with the net.
They didn't care that it wasn't done the way it was supposed to. They all had fun anyway.
I have no idea what this station was called but it was a water relay game. They were put into teams and then had to use a cup that had holes in the bottom to carry water to a bucket.
This was a popular area because they got wet! Dr. Beam squirted them with the hose before they left.
They had another wet game, sponge tag. Once you got tagged with the sponge it was then your turn to find someone else to tag.
This station was called "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish." (Notice the Dr. Seuss theme going on?) One person from each team ran around the whole bus circle carrying a rubber fish and then would pass the fish onto the next person on their team.
This next one was my favorite! It was called "The Lorax vs. The Once-lers." It started with plastic cups scattered all over the area. When the music started the boys had to turn the cups upside-down and the girls were to turn them right-side up. It was hilarious watching these kids run all over the place!
The moms watching all agreed that it was just like at home. Once you get one room cleaned up the kids come in and mess it back up! The kids didn't look frustrated though like us moms can get.
They took a little break and then switched roles. Now Zach had to turn the cups right-side up.
A little girl that lives in our neighborhood started following Zach and kept undoing what he did. It was very comical to watch them. Here she is approaching his cups that he's in the process of turning over.
They kept going back and forth with the cups, both of them laughing and neither one of them moving away. As soon as a cup was turned one way it got turned back the other way immediately.
Reinforcements come in and girl power wins, Zach is out matched.After a couple of minutes of this they both say heck with it and pick up the cups and run. I guess they though that if they're holding the cups then they can't get turned back over!
It was a cute game and I had the best time watching that one.
There was only 5 minutes left until kindergarten went to lunch. That was just enough time to do a quick tug-of-war game. It was one kindergarten class versus the other and all the adults helping made sure that each side won once.
I walked with him until he went in his classroom and then I was out of there. They sure lucked out with the weather, it was gorgeous out and not too hot. I have to say that Zach thoroughly enjoyed his first field day. He was full of smiles the whole time and couldn't stop talking about it when he got off the bus. With all the running he did he sure should sleep good tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment