After lunch on the deck...
We went over to the park to play some tennis. When we first got there the two end courts were occupied so instead of taking kids that have no idea how to keep a ball on their own court onto one of the middle ones I opted to go to the playground instead. It wasn't long before the courts opened up so we grabbed our stuff and claimed our court. Zach was excited to play and he became our official ball chaser. No matter where it was hit he would run and get it.
He actually played pretty well, for a 5-yr-old.
Megan wasn't bad either. She could serve the ball pretty well she just couldn't return the ball when it was hit to her. In fact, one time she practically hit herself with the racket as she tried to avoid the ball. Kristin and I thought it was pretty comical!
Megan and her friend got tired of playing and wanted to walk around the park so I had Zach and Kristin hit the ball against the wall for awhile. Kristin needed the practice since she can't hit a ball to save her life!
We'll definitely be playing tennis again this summer. In fact I think I'll keep the rackets and some sneakers in my car in case we happen to be going by and see the courts empty.
No comments:
Post a Comment