Sunday, June 3, 2012

Phillip's Wedding

Yesterday Paul's cousin Phillip got married and our whole family went to the wedding.  The wedding was in Honey Brook which was about an hour away.  It was supposed to start at 2:00 but good thing they didn't start on time since we didn't get there till about 2:05!  They started around 2:15 and it was a quick ceremony (the kind I like!) and was over around 2:25.  Here's the bride and groom and the rest of the wedding party in the church.  Paul's brother, Ralph, was the best man and Paul's cousin Shannon (the groom's sister) was a bridesmaid. (Shannon's husband was a groomsman and their daughter was a flower girl.)
The bride and groom, Sandie and Phillip, after they were announced husband and wife.
We left the church to go to the reception at 2:45 and since the reception was 45 minutes away we arrived at 3:30.  The problem was that the reception didn't start until 5:00 and since we didn't know the area we just hung out in the parking lot.  I think I got more pictures of our time waiting then I did of the wedding and reception combined!
Kelly and Lauren posing.
Paul, his dad and sister had a catch in the parking lot.  All 3 play softball and had gloves and balls in their cars.
Me and the girls with Zach poking his head out in the very back.
Lauren being a little overzealous with her hug!
I love Kristin's face as Megan hugs her!
Zach didn't want a hug from Lauren but I said she wouldn't put him down until he smiled.
We went inside the banquet hall at 4:30 and got some seats.  (Two other people were there besides us.)  I realized I never got a group shot so we all went back out and I used my self-timer to get a picture of the 8 of us. 
At 5:00 the bar opened and Zach was really wanting to have a sprite.  Paul had him go up and ask for one and he did.  He was the first one to get a drink at the bar, right after he left a line formed!
After dinner the dancing started with of course the bride and groom having the first dance.
My kids danced most of the time, Zach was a little dancing machine!

I'll leave you with a short little video of the kids dancing.
We had a good time and it was nice seeing some family members that we normally do not see.  The ride home however was an hour and 45 minutes.  Yikes!  We cut out of the reception early, right after the cake, so we could make the ride home and not get home too late. 

No comments: