I kept Zach's old sneakers to do an art project with but he didn't do exactly what I had envisioned. I wanted him to wear the sneakers, step in paint then walk across a sheet of paper. He had other ideas though. He first wanted to wear his brand new sandals to paint with. Uh, no, not happening. He has such fat feet that I have to order his shoes online and the first pair I ordered was a little too small so I had to send them back and wait for the new pair. They just came a few days ago, no way was he messing them up! I finally convinced him to use his old sneakers but he didn't want them on his feet, he put them on his hands instead. As long as he wasn't using his new sandals I didn't care! And instead of walking down the paper he made shoe prints like this:
I could live with that too. We chose yellow and blue paint in the hopes that when the two were mixed he might get some green ones. It didn't quite work out that way so he got a paintbrush in the hope that he could blend them enough to get green.
He got a teal color instead. I rolled out another sheet of paper with which he painted red. Well mostly I painted on that one while he played with chalk around me! So that was my entertaining art project for the day. I'm glad he is at least a little interested in art since until now he never was. It was pure torture to get him to do anything when he was little so I just stopped trying. I guess we'll have to do more art projects this summer since he actually seemed to have fun with this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment