Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Afternoon



Now time for family to come over.  This was our 22nd year of hosting on Christmas.  Wow!  I feel old now!  I found wrapping paper that can be colored so I cut some to put on our kitchen table.  I was thinking of the kids when I did this but mostly the adults did the coloring!
Our theme this year was "Fire and Ice" and if the weather had cooperated a little more I was going to make ice candles for the front walk and deck area but with the warm air lately I wasn't able to do that.  So I stuck to just having fire and ice types of food. 
I made a fire and ice salad and jalapeno popper dip and Megan made Fire and Ice Cream for dessert (which we almost forgot about.)  Lauren made a hot crab dip and Kristin stuck with making fudge which is one of her specialties.

I had a few little props laying around for photo ops. 
Kristin looks really good in her apron and chef's hat she got from her Aunt Kelly and PopPop. Now she can cook all the time!

Yay!  Zach got the game that he wanted, Hedbanz.  That game got played a lot later in the day!
We kind of staggered the gifts this year, meaning, that as people came we tried to exchange right away rather than wait until later and everyone do it at once.  It sure seemed a lot less chaotic this year!  Here's Lauren helping Jordan open one of his presents.

The parents were all conversing in the kitchen at one point. 
Lauren with two of her cousins, Ryan and Alex.
Megan is always good for a funny picture!  I think she was helping Zach and Ryan play one of the games Zach got for Christmas.
Ok, here's the Hedbanz game early in the evening. 

This game was enjoyed more by the adults than the kids!  It's a fun party game to have around. 

There were kids everywhere!  Here's 5 of them, 3 of which are mine! 
Kristin and Megan looking oh so cute in their matching Santa hat clips.
One last picture, thanks to Katie, is of everyone that was at our house on Christmas.  

There are 22 family members present.  That's pretty good since the most we could have had was 23.  I don't know, if our family gets any bigger we're going to have to put an addition on to our house!  It's nice though since it is usually one of the only times during the year that we're all together. 



No comments: