Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Pageant

This year's Christmas pageant was very thrown together.  Rehearsals kept being cancelled due to bad weather but we did manage to get two in.  Here's the cast of characters from my house:
Megan is Mary.   Kristin is a shepherd.  Zachary is the camel boy.  Yes, I said, camel boy.  You'll see why in a couple of pictures.  Last year Kristin was Mary, Megan was Gabriel and Zach was a shepherd.

This morning we had to be at the church by 8:00 to get into costumes.  The pageant wasn't until 9:00 so the kids had plenty of time to goof off.
The camel boy has to have a camel.  His was very well-behaved and was even on wheels.
The reason why Zach got the role of camel boy is because the wise men didn't pull their own camel, they had a camel boy to do it for them.  He had a choice of shepherd, angel or camel boy and he chose camel boy.  Who wouldn't want to pull a camel if given a choice?

There was still quite some time before the pageant began so I took a few more pictures of my kids.  I guess Mary was camel sitting in this one.


Am I ever able to get just one good picture where they are all smiling instead of making goofy or mean faces? 

So the pageant starts.  Here's Mary.  She had two lines to say during the whole pageant.  Her first was when she saw the angel Gabriel and the second was when gifts were given to baby Jesus from the shepherds. 
Mary and Joseph had to take baby Jesus and flee.  Doesn't Megan make a good Mary?
At the end everyone that was in the pageant came back up to the front.  When I took this picture I was taking it of Zachary.  I didn't realize until later that Kristin was in front of him!
If someone had remembered to move that microphone then this would have been a really good picture.  Kristin is on the right.  Zach is in the front next to the king with pole in front of him.  Of course Mary is the only one in teal.
After  having two confusing practices the pageant ended up coming together nicely.  I wonder what parts the kids will have in next year's pageant?

No comments: