Friday, April 3, 2009

Rainy Day Fun

For some reason today Zach didn't want to play with any of his usual toys. It was a challenge for me keep coming up with something new to do. We first did a craft. I had found in the basement these little plastic butterfly and tulip cut outs. I first thought about gluing them to paper but figured that would just be a mess plus frustrating to Zach, I'm sure they would all get stuck to his fingers. So instead I had him put them on the sticky side of contact paper. He actually seemed to enjoy this art project. When he was done I just put another piece of contact paper on top and then made a frame out of construction paper. It's now hanging on our door.
When that was done he was still antsy so we made a fort in the living room. I brought the kitchen chairs into the family room and grabbed a sheet and voila! Instant fort. I put a pillow under it hoping he would lay there and watch a little tv to give me a break but no that was not to be. His favorite thing was standing under it and pulling the sheet down. After the third time I put it back up I told him the next time it came down that was it. Ten seconds later it was down. That was it for the fort.
Oh, he did take a picture of me (well sort of) sitting by the fort. His first picture! What was I thinking? Now he's going to want to take pictures all the time.

Here's my little monster boy. What a demanding little thing he was today. We did end up having a lot of fun though. We also colored in a coloring book, he doesn't really like to color much, and bounced and kicked a ball back and forth, that he loved.

See how long his hair is in the above picture? I don't have a really good picture of his shaggy hair, especially the back, but it was getting long. I can't even remember when his last haircut was, now that's bad! When Paul called me to tell me he was leaving work and was going to stop to get his (that is Paul's) hair cut I asked him if I could meet him somewhere so he could get Zach's cut too. So I met Paul down the street from the barbershop and Zach finally got a good hair cut. I'll have to post pictures later, the ones I took of him came out kind of dark. Well he was sitting in front of a dark background when I took them and his hair just kind of blends in with it. He looks soooo much better! When Paul brought him home and Zach came running through the door I swear he looked older. My baby's growing up!

No comments: