Monday, April 6, 2009

More Weekend Activities

Williamsburg
Last week Lauren went to Williamsburg for 3 days/2 nights with her school. I kept meaning to ask her if she took any other pictures with her cell phone before posting this but oh well. I know she didn't take a camera with her and they weren't supposed to use their cell phones on the tours. Here's the one picture she sent me while she was there:
This was taken in the hotel room on their first night there. They dressed up and went to a nice dinner then were taken to a dance where they learned how they danced in Colonial times.

On the way to Williamsburg they had to go over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. I got lots of text messages as she was going over it, she didn't like it! I heard from her a lot on the first day, a little on the second day, and hardly at all on the third day. They did have a really busy schedule with lots of tours. Hopefully she learned something.

Our Saturday Night Fun
First Paul goes out and buys some wine for us, our wine rack was looking a little skimpy. While at the store he taste tested one particular bottle that was a little higher priced then what he normally would spend but he decided to get it anyway. So with a nice bottle of wine in the house I went out and got us some filet mignon for him to grill and we had a nice dinner at home. But the night gets better...

Megan was planning to do a fashion show that evening and was selling tickets. Paul splurged and got him and I the "good" seats for 50 cents each. The good seats were the recliners in the family room. For 25 cents we could have sat in one of the kitchen chairs! Lauren wasn't home yet (she was in Dover for the Science Olympiad), Kristin was the announcer and Zach was free. See what a couple of 40-year-olds with 4 kids do on a Saturday night? We had a fabulous dinner and had the best seats in the house at the fashion show. Doesn't get much better than that right? :)

Of course Megan had a ball doing it too. Here she is strutting her stuff:

How could a fashion show end without a little surprise? These are the pictures I'm going to keep and show to his wife and kids someday!

2nd Soccer Game of the Season
Lauren had another away game yesterday, this one was all the way down by the beach, a little over 2 hours away. Her team totally dominated and ended up winning 3-0. They should have won by a lot more, they had tons of scoring chances. Here's Lauren fighting for the ball:
Two games down, four to go. I can't believe how well the her team is playing this spring. They're talking to each other, passing the ball and just working really well together as a team. Huge difference from the fall season! Hope they keep this up.

No comments: