Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Busy, busy day today. We woke up and found out that the Easter Bunny did visit us and left clues as to where our Easter baskets were. The first clue is always the easiest, it's on the front door! After that the kids have to figure them out if they want to find anymore.

The clues sent them to the kitchen cabinet where the bandaids are, the pool table, the piano and then to this clue: "For the next clue I was sneaky, I was quiet as could be. It's in someone's room, in a bag with a picture of me." Zach just wanted to look under everyone's bed but it was actually in Lauren's windowsill. After opening her curtain just a little he saw the clue sitting there. He was thrilled to have found it and didn't even care about the treat that was sitting with it.

That clue said, "When you make pancakes you use a bowl. Your next clue is hidden there, finding it is your goal." Here's Zach checking out the mixing bowls where he found the next clue.

The next clue said, "The smell of dirty clothes, phew, I've died and gone to heaven. In this stinky mess is where you'll find clue #7." Yes, the Easter bunny made them dig through the dirty clothes to find the next clue. What a mean Easter bunny!

That was their last clue, some years the hunt goes on and on, this years was short and sweet. The last clue led them to their baskets which were hidden in my car.

They then brought their baskets inside and checked them out. Zach got a huge roll of Smarties.

Lauren loved her new pet ferret! I think the Easter bunny was joking around with her about when she was chased by a ferret while she was waiting for the bus. (I posted about that incident sometime last spring.)
After baskets we ate a quick pancake breakfast then got ready for church. I took a ton of pictures of when we were dressed up, all the kids together, me and Zach, Paul and Zach, me, Paul and Zach. It took me forever to figure out how to set the timer on my camera but finally I did it and got a few pictures of all of us. Here's one of them:
Can you tell we had a purple theme going on?

Later today we went to Grandma and PopPop's house for dinner. Aunt Kelly had lots of activities for the kiddos. They got to dye eggs:


They did an egg hunt in the front yard.


And decorated bunny cakes for dessert.


Plus we ate a wonderful dinner that Grandma made us.

It was such a beautiful day and the kids got to spend a lot of time outside. This was the first time (that I can remember) that Zach drove the Barbie jeep. He had a huge grin on his face the entire time. Zach drove awhile and then they switched and Ryan drove awhile. Now to just paint that jeep blue!
Lauren got a little time with her youngest cousin Alex.
Next year we'll have Alex running around with the boys. It seems like yesterday that Lauren was that little. I've probably said it before but time flies. Next Easter will be here before we know it!

No comments: