Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lauren went fishing

Lauren wanted to go fishing last year with Papaw but somehow it never worked out. So this year she was determined to go fishing over spring break. Papaw agreed to take her yesterday.
They were gone for a couple of hours and when she came back look what she caught. Not one fish, but two.
It turns out she didn't really catch them, she just reeled them in once papaw caught them!

It took forever to get that picture of her holding them. She would not do it at all, even after I held them first. Somehow Papaw talked her into it and I barely got the picture before she got rid of them.

I had never cooked trout before so after calling my mom to find out how I fried them up and Lauren ate one for dinner. She said it was good and ate the whole thing. I tried a piece of one and it was pretty good so I guess I did a good job of cooking them. I'll probably get more practice cooking them because now Megan wants to go fishing. I might start making the kids cook their own fish instead.

No comments: