Sunday, April 22, 2012

Soccer Game #7 and T-ball Game #3

Soccer Game #7
Lauren finally had a challenging game on Friday so it was a good game to watch.   She played almost the entire game except for a couple of minutes at the beginning of the second half.  She asked to stay out after halftime so she could catch her breath for a little longer.  Other than that she played mostly forward with a little bit of center mid when the coach shifted players around.   
A player from the other team was hurt so the game stopped for about 2 minutes until she came off (she was fine.)  Lauren took that time to chat to some of the girls near her.  When they were little all the girls would take a knee when someone got hurt, those days are gone!


After the game Lauren said she played terrible but I think she did pretty good.  She didn't score or get any assists though, that would have been nice.
She just did a header in this picture.  She said she got a little dizzy afterwards.  Oh no!
At the half they were winning 2-0 and then scored another 2 goals in the second half to make the final 4-0.  They have a lot more challenging games coming up.  They got all their easy games out of the way early.

Mets team picture
After Lauren's game I went with Zach and Paul to watch them get their team picture taken.  I only did that so I could snap a picture of them.  It came out okay.  I'm sure the one I paid for will be better.

T-ball Game #3
There's not much improvement in Zach's fielding.  He doesn't pay attention to the ball and usually plays in the dirt.  He says it's boring out there!
He does like to fight other kids to the ball though.  The other kid got this and Zach was trying to take it away from him. 
He also pulled his hat down so he couldn't see anything!
For as unattentive as he is in the field he does do a good job when he's at bat.  Except for in this picture, he swung and missed.
He hit it on his next attempt and ran to first base. 
Kristin and Lauren came to watch their brother play.  Lauren had already left before I took this.  Since Kristin has rarely been on my blog lately I thought I'd include it.
And that's the end of the sports for now.  We're not even halfway through the season yet so there will be lots more pictures to come!

No comments: