Saturday, April 28, 2012

T-ball

When we left to go to Zach's game it was 42 degrees out so it was a very cold day for t-ball.  I put an old under armor shirt of Lauren's on him to try to keep a little warmer.  I think it worked except that his hands were freezing.

When the coaches tell Zach to get ready for a ball (they want him to bend his knees) he bends them like this:
It doesn't look too bad in this picture but sometimes it looks like he's doing a split!

For the first time ever instead of using the tee the coach pitched to them.  There are 3 innings and for the first inning everyone used the tee.  It wasn't until the second inning that they began pitching to the kids.  They would pitch 4 or 5 times and if the kid didn't hit it then he/she would go back to using the tee.  Here's Zach's first attempt:
He actually hit it! 

Here's Zach's attempt in the 3rd inning:

I think the bat might have been too heavy for him.  It looked like he was struggling to hold it right.  Once he used the tee he hit it with no problem.  I guess they'll keep pitching this way until the end of the season now.  It was neat to watch but it took a lot of time and I was beginning to think that it was the never ending t-ball game!  Good thing they only play 3 innings.

No comments: